DUE TO THE PENDING STORM RECYCLING WILL BE PICKED UP ON FRIDAY 12/18
NO YARD WASTE
SNOW EMERGENCY TO BE LIFTED AT 3PM TODAY 12/17/2020
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
150th Yearbook Pre Orders
Pre Orders being taken at Borough Hall
Cash, Check or Money Order to
Borough of Coplay
98 S. 4th Street
Coplay, PA 18037
Coplay Sports Santa parade is cancelled for 2020
2021 Budget will be ready for review November 19, 2020 @ Borough Window
Coplay Garden Flags on Sale $10.00 Available at Borough Hall
Coplay Proud & Little town that could shirts and hoodies on Sale Buy one, Get one free !
Limited Sizes Available
IT’S THE LAW: NO ELECTRONICS IN THE TRASH!
It became illegal in 2013 under the PA Act 108 of 2010, for any individual to dispose of electronic waste in any other
way except to recycle it. You may take your electronics to any of the following locations.
1. GER Solutions, LLC, 795 Roble Road, Allentown, PA (near the Airport).
• Accepts most electronics that require a plug or battery.
• Call 484-866-0927 to inquire for pricing.
• Visit their website www.gersolutions.net for a complete list of acceptable
2. DRC Technologies, 2005 Main Street, Northampton, PA 18067
• Call 610-502-0854 for acceptable materials list and fees
• Appointment Only!
3. AERC Recycling Solutions, 2330 SW 26th Street, Allentown, PA
• Drop-off is the last Friday of the month ONLY
• Call 610-799-8608 for acceptable materials list and fees
Dear Lehigh County Household Hazardous Waste Event Attendee,
The new date for the Lehigh County Household Hazardous Waste Event is Saturday, November 14th, 2020. You are receiving this email because you had previously completed the mandatory pre-registration on the Lehigh County website. We apologize for the delay in this communication however due to COVID-19, the State added requirements beyond their initial approval to allow us to move forward with this event. We simply wanted to be able to communicate those requirements to you once we had the full list and understood our responsibilities going forward.
Here are the new additional instructions:
• Place all materials that you are disposing of in the trunk of your car, or rear of your SUV, or your pickup truck.
• You must stay inside your vehicle at all times! Keep your windows rolled up until told to do otherwise by an employee.
• Masks are required to attend this event while on County property (Coca Cola Park), even inside your vehicle.
• When you get to the front of the line, only the driver may at that time roll down the driver’s side window to give their name and their address. A County employee will take the information from a distance of at least ten (10) feet. Once the appointment has been confirmed, the driver will be motioned forward to the HHW contractor.
• When directed by the contractor’s employee, pop open the trunk or rear of your vehicle remotely.
• After the contractor has emptied the materials from your vehicle, they will close the rear of your vehicle and motion you out the exit.
• Please exit Coca Cola property via the marked exit at that time.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to call the Recycling Hotline at 610-782-3073.
When communicating with your residents we ask for your cooperation regarding the following:
• This event is for Lehigh County Residential use only!
• If you know the location of the event we ask you to refrain from divulging that information to any resident that might inquire.
Instead, encourage them to go to the front page of our website, click on the link on October 1st or some time thereafter and follow the directions to pre-register. This is a mandatory requirement of the State to manage the attendees regarding the current COVID-19 guidelines. If you give this information out before they pre-register, it encourages illegal dumping of these materials in a very public place and at times other than when the event is scheduled. The appointment time they will be required to select during the process will assist us in managing the number of attendees, employees, and volunteers at any given time during the event so that the County and the contractor can continue to comply with the State mandates regarding COVID-19.
• If a resident arrives and does not have an appointment, they will not be granted access to the event.
• The pre-registration process will supply them with all the information they will need to participate like:
o The date of the event.
o The time of the event.
o What materials are accepted.
o What materials are not accepted
• They will be asked to click on a list of the items they anticipate bringing in so that our contractor has an idea what to expect.
• They will select an appointment time and they will be required to stick to that time.
NO changes to Garbage in November.
Due to Thanksgiving, Recycling on November 26th will be picked up a day early on Wednesday November 25th.
Borough Office and Public Works will be Closed Thursday November 26th & Friday November 27th 2020
There will be NO yard Waste on Friday November 27th.
Metal is always 3rd Thursday of the Month
**No shredded paper in recycling
GARBAGE CANS in excess of 35 gallons will NOT be collected. You must call borough office at 610-262-6088 to schedule pick up of larger items (sofas, mattresses, etc.) on regularly scheduled garbage days, limit of two per year at no charge
Please have your cans out by 7AM for both garbage and recycling and they must be placed on the edge of the property or curb.
We cannot return to your residence a second time. Also, please try to put lids on cans if possible (especially when it’s windy!) to try and keep OUR town clean.
New Gym Rules Effective 7/6/2020 - Only 4 members in the gym at a time.
7AM-10AM for the 65 or older and any age with serious underlying medical conditions.
10AM -1PM CLOSED for Sanitation
1PM-7PM for all other members
Must be worn when in the building. Once in the gym, use your own judgement.
DO NOT WEAR MASKS DURING WORKOUT.
Clean towels will be provided along with cleaner to wipe down gym equipment before and after usage.
Bins will be provided for dirty towels and will be laundered periodically.
Hand Sanitizer will be provided to use or hand washing with soap and water in the bathroom.
Please be patient with the transition as we are all having to adjust to the new change.
If there are any problems or concerns please notify Randy 610-440-2313 or
Kim 610-657-2477 so we can address the situation right away.
Coplay Borough 150th Year Anniversary gear.
V-Neck Shirts $10.00 sizes S-3XL
Short Sleeve $10.00 sizes S-3XL
Long Sleeve $10.00 sizes S-3XL
Hoodies $15.00 sizes S-3XL
Buy one, Get One Free
Photos Posted on the Borough Facebook page.
Available at the Borough Office are long sleeve shirts and sweatshirts, with or without hood. We have limited sizes in the office. Front display of shirt says "Little Town That Could Coplay, PA" and the back displays "1 Sq. Mile of Gods Little Masterpiece". Office hours are Monday thru Friday 8 AM to 4:00 PM
Discount prices, limited sizes available. $5.00 Buy one, Get one free